electricsandbox.freeforums.org
   General Discussion Forum
    Register Portal  • Arcade  •  Calendar  •  Chat  •  FAQ  •  Login     
It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:05 pm

Contact Us | All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to electricsandbox

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, View our EarthCams and many other features we 're sure you will enjoy.

Post subject: David Bowie dies...
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:53 pm 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 36 time
Highscores: 112
I did mention this in the shout box a couple of days ago...
He was the kind of rock pop icin we grew upwith. He was a collection of alter egoes and disguises and his gift for creating personas and reinventing himself is what made Bowie. He was a huge influence in many lives both his fans and his fellowmusucuans..

There have been touching tribute and huge public gatherings of his fans, gathering together to leave flowers, lit candles and sit his songs.. The scale of the regard and affection he was held in show how fond we all were of him.

Two days before he died of cancer, he released his last cd entitled Dark Star, he knew he was close to de ath abd this was his poingnant goodbye.... I saw one travk on youtube showing him lying in a hospital bed with bound eyes and black dot drawnin wherethe eyes would be..I got to say I was upset to see this..

I do not know now if I will buy the cd.. Theres enough sadness in my life without more...
But Ziggy will be in our hearts and heads for many years to comee... Thank you Starman your are truly a ledgend in our life times..
How many other rock stars get their music played in our Cathedral by the organists.. and it sounded great too.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: David Bowie dies...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:18 pm 
Site Admin

More news has been announced today, it seems the Starman has already been cremated privately in New York just two days after his death. There was no funeral service and no fanily or friends or indeed abyone were present, bizarre to the last....
Also Tony Visconti record producer for the star has revealed that he recorded 4 more songs with Bowie the week before hedied. These were for a new album. It seems David thought he had more time, so what happened was very swift...
Dark Star is shooting up the US charts and is set to be his first US No 1, posthumously...

I wonder if his ashes will be fired into space...
A Bowie tribute concert has be planned for March. One featured Artiste is Cybdi Lauper...presumably other artistes will be announced later on... This is looking like the only opportunity the fans will have to say goodbye....

Post subject: Re: David Bowie dies...
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:41 pm 
Site Admin

David Bowies Last Will has been found and its contents made public.. We all thought it strange when he had a totatally private cremation and no buneral service for friends and family to attend to say goodbyes..

Now He has left £70 milliom to be divided half to his wife Iman and the other half shared between his two children.. His ashes are to be transported to Bali for a Buddist ceremony and scattering of his ashes, so the Star Man is not going to be fired into space as we all hoped... I am glad he will be at rest at last....

Contact Us | All times are UTC [ DST ]